Monday, July 9, 2012

Hangout Tab Trick For Chrome Browser

   

One of the best features of Google Plus is Hangouts. Hangouts are video chat conferences that seat up to 10 Google Plus users.

Usually when I get an occasional hangout invite from a friend, I’m busy doing other things online, but I will join the hangout regardless, and then I’m suddenly in one of those pesky pop-up Hangout windows.

I like to keep my Hangouts in my browser tabs so I can be in a Hangout and also continue to finish my online activity until a Hangout on Air goes live.


I discovered a easy little trick to get that window back into my original Chrome Browser.


Follow these steps:
1. Start a Hangout in Chrome.
2. In the popup Hangout window, click on the Title Bar and right click.
3. Scroll down the menu and choose “Show in Tab.”
4. Now your Hangout window is in a new regular Chrome window.
5. Drag the Hangout window to the tab bar in your original Chrome window. 

Sidenote: I don’t use Chrome as my default browser. I use Firefox most of the time, so I had no idea about this trick for Chrome until recently. Again, this is a great tip for new Chrome users that are using Chrome as their Google Plus browser of choice.



If you are a Firefox user, add the extension "Tab Mix Plus"  

1. Add the extension Tab Mix Plus to Firefox. Go to this link: 
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/?src=ss

2. Go to your Add-ons in your Firefox browser and click on "Extensions," and then onTab Mix Plus, select the tab that says "Options."

3. Set the settings in the Tab Mix Plus extension to open all links into a new tab


4. Select "Open all popups in tabs" for JAVASCRIPT and Popup Restriction setting.  

These settings should do the same trick for you if you want your Hangout window to go to a Firefox tab.

posted via Margie Hearron

==========================




Hangout Tab Trick for Chrome Browser on Google Plus


Feel free to comment on this post and visit and/or follow our Google Plus page. If you would like to contribute a post, promote Oasis in the Stream  or become a Manager of our page, please contact Margie Hearron, Allen Firstenberg, Jack C Crawford, or Marc Jansen.

2 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm a FF user too. I wanna like Chrome, just can't get into the UI yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. It's taken me years to want to try Chrome again. It's far more stable that it was when it was first release. I'm trying hard to give it a fair chance, but I certainly do love Mozilla Firefox.

      Delete